- Get PuTTY, install it and figure it out (use the FAQ and Docs on the page linked here)
- Our server is at veetoo.org port 8080
- Your username is your [lastname][firstinitial]
- Contact me for your password
- Be sure to use the 'passwd' command to change it the first time you log in
- Grab WinSCP, install it and play around -- unless you want to get crazy. The server supports scp _only_
- Explore this.
- Read this. Be able to discuss First Normal Form (1NF) and why it may be important
- Read this. Your default shell is bash an acronym for what?
- Our server runs FreeBSD 9.0.
- According to this, when did Java first appear?
- Review this
(My)SQL Cheat Sheet. Bookmark it for future reference
- Design a Scout attendance database -- both meetings and
camping. Don't attempt to use SQL at first, just name
your table(s), their columns and suggested datatypes.
- Address where your tables might reference your data to
maintain First Normal Form (1NF) -- just draw lines to
describe the references.
- Create a list of all possible interactions that might be
needed to complete the task(s) involved in using a Scout
- Familarize yourself with the TCP/IP
protocol. Be able to discuss network addresses and ports.
- Read about the http
protocol. Describe how it works.